Friday, June 11, 2010


Today I saw an owl on a branch near a creek on a wooded path in our neighborhood. I had seen this owl about 3 years ago. I wondered all morning what brought him to me again... was it
struggle, pain , happiness ,hope? It was a gift no doubt from the heavens from the earth.
I chose this weaving because of the no. 3 ... the weaving has 3 layers.. 3 pieces of dark bamboo separating each layer from the one before. I knew though even before I saw the owl , before I connected with the earth for that day that I had shed a layer
and moved upward.
All one has to do is listen... to the earth , to the wind ,to the birds,to animals .. just listen and watch for the small details for the spaces inbetween the struggle, the pain, the happiness and the hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment